Q: What is the process for admitting my loved one when he or she is ready to leave the hospital?
A: If the person is in the hospital, another skilled nursing facility or hospice, please get in contact with their discharge case manager and have him or her send a referral to us. Our fax number is (989)743-3496. They can also call us at (989) 743-3491 ext. 554 and ask for Sue Vanderlip.
Q: What if my loved one is coming from home?
A: He or she – or a legal guardian – will have to either download from our website the Admission Request Packet or pick up a packet from our front office anytime from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
There are several steps before admission:
- The applicant must go see his or her primary physician to fill out the necessary paper work included in the Admission Request Packet.
- A chest x-ray will be required along with some labs.
- There are two federally mandated community mental health screening forms in the packet that have to be done before admission. Please let your healthcare provider know to start this process as soon as possible because it can take time to complete.
- An admission nurse liaison will come out to the home and do a level-of-care determination that the person does meet requirements for a skilled nursing facility.
- You will meet with our medical biller to help gather all necessary documents and information needed for admission and insurance coverage, if that applies.
- Once all of the above steps are complete, you will receive a call from our admission coordinator for a bed offer, and to schedule an admission time or even make arrangements for transportation if needed.
Q: How do I get information about the services and care my loved one will receive?
A: Some of the information is available on our website, but more detailed documents will be in our Admission Packet, which you will receive as we go through the admissions process. Our admissions staff will review this with you so all of your questions are answered. We are proud to provide a home-like atmosphere for our residents where they are known by name by our staff and cared for as if they were our own loved ones!
If you have any further questions on admissions, please contact our admission nurse liaison at (989) 743-3491 ext. 554. Thank you for choosing Pleasant View, where we believe in caring for life!